- This event has passed.
Fashion Face-Off | Fashion Design Panel Discussion as Part of Design Philadelphia
October 20 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
FASHION FACE-OFF | Discussing Sustainability & Diversity in the Fashion Industry | Thursday, October 20, 2022; 6PM- 8PM
This event is being hosted by the Thomas Jefferson Fashion Design Department as part of Design Philadelphia. Panel topics include Designing for Diversity, as well as Sustainable Design through Environment and Ethics.
As fashion evolves, the industry must face-off issues surrounding sustainability, ethics, diversity, and inclusivity. Explore these conversations with our academic and industry panelists and how designers plan to shift the fashion agenda forward. Current and past student work supplementing these discussions will also be featured at this event to show how Jefferson Fashion Design students are addressing these crucial topics.
- Eji Benson- Founder/ CEO of Ennui New York Inc
- Kelli Burt- Founder/ Designer Goddess Rising Intimates
- Vanessa Fath- Jefferson Fashion Design Alum & CEO/ Creative Director of the Fath Collective
- James Gaillard- Fashion Director at QVC
- McKenzi Migliorini- Jefferson Fashion Design Alum & Adaptive-wear Designer
- Kevin Parker- Founder/ Producer of Philly Fashion Week
- Dalila Shannon- Divisional Merchandising Manager & Head of Diversity and Inclusion at URBN
- Lindsey Troop- Philadelphia Regional Manager FABSCRAP
- Prof. Farai Simoyi- Professor and Program Director for Fashion Design and International Fashion Design Management at Thomas Jefferson University
- Prof. Carly Kusy- Associate Professor Fashion Design, Thomas Jefferson University
The event will take place on Thursday, October 20th, from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm at the Center for Architecture and Design. The evening will begin with a reception followed by the film screening and panel discussion. Admission is FREE and all are welcome to attend.ashnn
Date: October 20th, 202
Location: Center for Architecture and Design
1218 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19107